CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 24, 2012

Sophie's First Day of Kindergarten

 Our sweet little Sophie Elaine started Kindergarten today!  I can't believe that we have two kids in school!!!  And Brady starts preschool on Tuesday...what am I going to do with myself?

She picked out her skirt, PINK of course and her shoes (she did initially choose a pink shirt, but there needs to be some variety, right?)!  She LOVES curly hair too, just like Grace.  She is all grown up!


 Sophie has AM kindergarten, so she gets to walk to school with all the big kids.  We have an amazing group of kids on our street alone and we have all been walking together each morning.  And actually home each afternoon too.  I have really great memories of walking to school with my friends and I'm so excited for our kids to be able to do this.  It's a mile walk round trip, up and down hills both ways, so it's great!  I have been making the trip at least twice a day and now I'll be adding a third trip to pick up Sophie.


 Here is the whole crew.  We have pretty much the same core 8 kids every day with others here and there!  SO.MUCH.FUN!

 This is Sophie's friend Hayden.  They were in preschool together and we moved three houses down. They are in the same kindergarten class this year too.

 I drop all the kids off at the top of the hill looking down onto the playground.  They like to get to school 15 minutes early to have morning recess.  So they all walk down the stairs together and hang out until the bell rings.  Then they line up on their grade-colored star.  Sophie's star is the very first red one in the line up area.

 Sisters!  Today was a bandana spirit day, hence then bandana.  Grace is a great big sister!
 Good-Bye Mom!!!
 LOVE YOU MOM!  So glad that they aren't embarrassed of me!
 The day before school started we got to go the school for Kindergarten orientation. Garrett was able to come with too.  He and Sophie holding hands walking in.  Sophie is such a daddy's girl!  And Garrett LOVES to be involved when he is around.
 Sophie's locker.  She shares with Rachael, a girl in her class at church.
Here she is sitting at her desk coloring her hand. The teacher will use these in her attendance taking.

Good luck Sophie!  You will have a GREAT year is Miss Hood's Class!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

So fun that they can walk. I guess that is one negative of going to a school that isn't close to you. And I have to do something about the 30 mins it take me to pick Jack up...no joke!:) I need to find a carpool.

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! I can't believe how big they all are...!

Jennifer said...

Oh how I LOVE the idea of Morning Recess! Your kiddos are all so beautiful!